A search advisory committee for Webster University’s chief financial officer (CFO) was announced April 6 in a Webster press release. According to the press release, the nine committee members will “assist in recruiting and evaluating a strong and diverse pool of talented financial professionals.” The appointment of a permanent CFO is anticipated to be announced this summer.
Members of the CFO search advisory committee are:
- Dean of University Libraries Laura Rein
- Associate Professor of Communications Larry Baden
- Chief Information Officer Ken Freemen
- Director of Procurement Services Maria Hein
- Dean of Students Ted Hoef
- Interim Dean of the School of Business and Technology Thomas Johnson
- Director of Finance and Administration Oliver Schindler
- Associate Professor of Biological Sciences Stephanie Schroeder
- Director of Academic Resources and Planning Rita Smith
Former CFO Greg Gunderson’s last day at Webster University was Jan. 14, 2016. He was named president of Park University in Kansas City and began his presidency Jan. 15, 2016. According to a press release from Dec. 2, 2015, Gunderson started at Webster in March 2011.
Douglas Anderson is currently the interim CFO at Webster. His appointment was made Jan. 21, 2016. Anderson served for 12 years as senior vice president of finances at Hamline University in Minneapolis before coming to Webster.
Check back with The Journal as this story develops.