Mo. State Senate Races
Missouri 1st District
Republican Jim Lembke (Incumbent)
– Vowed to never vote for a tax hike.
– Wants to decrease unemployment benefits.
– State should focus on tort reform and business regulations to create jobs
Democrat Scott Sifton
– Voted against allowing employers to provide contraception through a workplace healthcare plan.
– Endorsed by the group, NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri.
– State should implement a jobs bill to promote science and technology-focused industries
Missouri 13th District
Republican Jacquelyn Thomas
– Wants to eliminate the state income tax.
– Believes Missouri should be a right-to-work state.
– Advocates for a voucher system for K-12 education.
Democrat Gina Walsh
– Increased funding for public K-12 education.
– Priority on raising the state’s minimum wage.
– In favor of the Affordable Care Act.
———- Running Unopposed on Nov. 6 ———-
Missouri 5th District
Democrat Jamilah Nasheed
Missouri 7th District
Democrat Jason Holsman
Missouri 15th District
Republican Eric Schmitt (Incumbent)
Missouri 23rd District
Republican Tom Dempsey (Incumbent)
Mo. State House of Representatives
There are 163 State Representatives races with taking place on Nov. 6. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 59 races will take place within in the St. Louis area. To learn about the candidates running in your district, visit the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Voter Guide interactive at http://lwv.thevoterguide.org/v/stlouis12/index.do