An interactive view of Webster University's campus.
Tips for Overcoming Homesickness
1. Decorate your room with mementos to create a “home away from home.”
2. Keep a journal about your experiences and how they made you feel.
3. Speak with someone who has experienced homesickeness.
4. Mingle and meet new people, and explore your new surroundings.
5. Attend campus events and get involved.
6. If things get bad, talk to a counselor. Never turn to alcohol, drugs or sex to deal with your problems.
Source: Webster University Counseling and Life Development
For more tips or to contact a counselor, visit www.webster.edu/counseling