Find out what women's soccer senior forward Jordan Fosburgh thinks about going to the NCAA…
Webster volleyball returns an All-American, SLIAC Player, and Coach of the Year
2013 Preseason SLIAC rank • Voted No. 1 by conference coaches.
2012 season finish
• Won the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC) title with a record of 15-1. In the first round of the NCAA Championship Tournament they were defeated by Elmhurst College (Ill.) in straight sets.
Returning for 2013 season
• Junior middle hitter and All-American Sam Kersting led the team in hitting percentage (.363) and blocks (133).
• Junior outside hitter Jenny Howard was 2012 SLIAC Player of the Year
• Senior middle hitter Lindsey Taylor, in 99 sets, had 152 kills and 72 blocks.
Lost from 2012 team
• Setter Sami Murray was second on the team in assists with 473.
New to the team
• Freshman middle hitter Morgan Tipton was the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Player of the Year. Tipton attended Grandview High School.
• Junior outside hitter Andrea Dwiggins transferred from Jefferson Community College (Mo.). In 2011, as a freshman, she played against Webster and had 10 kills in that match.
Head coach Merry Graf returns for her thirteenth season after winning a second-straight SLIAC Coach of the Year award. The Gorloks look for their third-straight SLIAC title, and seventh in nine years.
“We are very excited for the season. The team has been working hard during pre-season and we have high expectations for this season,” Graf said.
Webster started its season with a loss in four sets against Washington University of St. Louis, the No. 7-ranked team in the country. Howard continues her leadership on the court with 10 kills.
Reporting by Sam Masterson.